Empowering Potential for Caregivers
Open Enrollment Online Course
Adults over 65 are the fastest growing segment of the US population. Family caregivers are essential to care for these older adults. Many of the Family Caregivers are themselves, older adults.
The Empowering Potential for Caregivers series addresses the needs of the growing and diverse population of Family Caregivers. Modules focus on interprofessional training of faculty and health professional trainees within academic training settings. Emphasize is on cultural competency and engagement, and the recruitment and support of minority healthcare providers.
“There are four kinds of people in the world. Those who: have been caregivers; are currently caregivers; will be caregivers; will need caregivers.”
- Rosalynn Carter
Modules may also be of interest to patients, caregivers and their families.
Funding for the development of this series was supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number U1QHP28721, Arizona Geriatrics Workforce Enhancement Program. © 2017
Presentation 1: Empowering Potential: Caregiver Self-Care
Duration: 35 minutes
- Outline areas to consider when empowering self-care for healthy aging for the older adult Family Caregiver
- Provide practical tips and resources to help empower older adult Family Caregiver self-care
Presentation 2: Empowering Potential: A Strengths-Based Perspective for Caregiver Self-Care
Duration: 25 minutes
- Define approaches to empowering Family Caregiver self-care focused on promoting strengths, abilities, and resources.
- Foster dialog regarding strengths-based approaches to empowering self-care among Family Caregivers.
Presentation 3: Empowering Potential: Engaging Family Caregivers for Self-Care
Duration: 15 minutes
- Explore communication styles that foster engagement when interacting with Caregivers.
- Discuss communication techniques that foster Caregiver self-care.
Can I forward the presentations to family members, clients/patients, or others in my professional network?
Can I view the presentations more than once?
Is it best to experience the presentations in a set order?
Request More Info
For more information on this course, please fill out the form and an ASU staff member will be in contact with you. We look forward to welcoming you into the ASU community.